Scrum Master Certified (SMC™)
Scrum Master Certified (SMC™) professionals are facilitators who guarantee that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive to completing the project successfully. The Scrum Master guides, facilitates, and teaches Scrum practices to everyone involved in the project; clears impediments for the team; and, ensures that Scrum processes are being followed.
Do you know the Facts:
80% of all Software Projects are SCRUM Based (Gartner Report)
86.9% Agile SCRUM users observed increased profits (Actuation Consulting)
Agile Scrum Project Managers earn 23% higher (Indeed Salary Data)
SCM passing certification guaranteed*We will cover you upto three fail attempt.
- To provide an understanding of the philosophy and principles in the Scrum framework.
- To provide a practical working knowledge of Scrum including roles, meetings, and artifacts.
- To prepare participants to be comfortable with implementing Scrum in their organizations, as well as utilizing Scrum to manage common issues and roadblocks.
- To prepare participants to take SMC™ exam upon completion of the course.
Course Methodology :
- We promise a highly engaging course that ensures higher retention of concepts and theories.
- Participants are encouraged to work through the concepts rather than just listen to the concepts. This provides a better internalization of course content.
- Role-plays are conducted and practical implementation issues are discussed for all parts of the Scrum flow.
- A central case study is integrated into the course to enable participants to simulate a product development project using Scrum methodology.
Course Materials :
- Student course workbook
- Case study booklet
- Scrum in a page
- A Guide to Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK™ Guide)
Exam Format :
- Multiple choice
- 100 questions per exam
- No negative marks for wrong answers
- 120 minutes duration
- Proctored online exam
- Current pass rate: 95%
Audience Profile :
This certification is suitable for anyone who is interested in becoming a Scrum Master. Several organizations around the globe are accepting Scrum as a primary project management framework for their projects, especially when they operate in a dynamic business atmosphere.
There is no formal prerequisite for this certification. However, it is preferable to complete the Scrum Developer Certified (SDC™) certification before applying for the Scrum Master certification. It is also highly recommended to attend a 2-day SMC™ classroom training provided by a SCRUMstudy approved Authorized Training Partner (A.T.P.)
Maintaining Certification :
To maintain the certification status, professionals will need to earn 40 re-certification credits every 3 years. Innovations in Business Solutions will guide and assist you in obtaining the credits.
Name of Course
|Classroom Based Training||$900 CAD||4 days (16 hours)|
|Online Training||$530 CAD||180 Days(access)|
Course Outline :
SMC™ (Scrum Master Certified) Exam Prep Course (16 hours)
Module 1: Agile and Scrum Overview
- Introduction to Agile and Scrum
- SBOKTM Guide Framework
- Agile Manifesto
- Agile Principles and Methods Scrum Advantages
Module 2: Scrum Organisation and Roles
- Core Roles
- Non-core Roles
- Product Owner
- Scrum Master
- Scrum Team
- Popular HR Theories and relevance to Scrum
Module 3: Business Justification
Module 4: Quality, Change, and Risk Management
Module 5: Scrum Project Phases and Processes
- Initiate: project vision, stakeholders, backlog, release, planning
- Plan and Estimate: user stories, tasks, sprint, backlog
- Implement: deliverables, daily standup, product backlog
- Review and Retrospect: scrum of scrums, demonstrate and validate sprint, retrospect
- Release: ship, retrospect
- Inputs, Tools, Outputs, and Phase Data Flow Diagrams for each process in each phase
Module 6: Scaling Scrum
- Scalability of Scrum
- Scrum in Programs and Portfolios
- Scrum of Scrums (SoS) Meeting
- Transition to Scrum
- Mapping traditional roles to Scrum
- Maintaining stakeholder involvement
- Importance of executive support
Module 7: Exam Preparation
- Tips and guidelines for passing your exam first time