Sales & Distribution (SD)
1. What is the purpose of text determination, account determination, partner determination, output determination, storage location determination ?
Text determination: For transferring information from material or customer to order/delivery or invoice (and anything in between) .
Account determination: For transferring financial and costing information to proper financial docs
Partner determination: For determining who is legally responsible for who the goods are going to and whatever else you want to drive through this functionality.
Output determination: What kind of output does a sales/delivery/billing document create and who gets it.
2. What are the five imp fields to be maintained in account determination ?
Account Determination: Sales View, Sales Organization, Distribution Chanel, Chart of Accounts, Account Assignment Group for Customer and Material and Account Keys.
It should be legacy data to SAP. What it means is you want to transfer all the customer and materials and all other information from Older (legacy system) to new SAP system. You can do it using many tools, most noticeably MDMs.
Before installation of SAP, Data maintained by Company is called Legacy Data. At the time of installation, it is required to transfer Data from Legacy to SAP like Masters (Material/Customer, etc). It can be done in various ways like BDC, LSMW, etc.
4. What is the difference between the Availability check 01 (Daily requirement) and 02 (Individual Requirement) in material master?
01 and 02 are the checking group. Availability check is carried out with the help of these checking group and checking rule. Checking group 01 and 02 are maintained on the material master.
01 – Individual requirement -For this system generates transfers the requirement for each order to the MRP .So that MM can either produce or procure.
02- Collective requirement.-In this all the requirements in a day or in a week are processed at a time. System stores all request and passes on to the MRP in MRP run.
According to SAP a plant is a place where either material is produced or goods and services provided. Plant is classified into Business Object. In Organizational unit within Logistics, serving to subdivide an enterprise according to production, procurement, maintenance, and materials plan aspects. Coming to the Structure a plant can assume a variety of roles. As a part of maintenance plant, it includes the maintenance objects that are spatially located within this plant. The maintenance tasks that are to be performed are specified within a maintenance planning plant. As a retail or wholesale site, it makes merchandise available for distribution and sale. The plant is the organizational unit for material valuation, according to a rule. For the placement of materials in storage (stock put-away), a storage location is assigned to a plant.
An organizational unit that sells and distributes products, negotiates terms of sale, and is responsible for these transactions is known as Sales organization.
Channel through which the salable materials or services reach the customers, typical distribution channels include wholesale, retail and direct sales. You can assign a distribution channel to one or more sales organizations are known as Distribution channel.
Product groups can be defined for a wide-ranging spectrum of products. For every division you can make customer-specific agreements on, for example, partial deliveries, pricing and terms of payment. Within a division you can carry out statistical analyses or set up separate marketing is known as Division.
More than one credit control areas is not possible to assign to a company code, since a credit control area can include one or more company codes. Credit control area is a n organizational unit in an organization that specifies and checks credit limits for customers.
The costs and revenue according to the business area posted by the system is called as Business Area. It is used in Sales Area if the accounts are to be posted according to sales and Plant Division if the accounts are to be posted according to products. The business area is defined in Customizing for Sales. A unit in an enterprise, grouping product and market combinations as homogeneously as possible for the purpose of developing unified business policy. Business Area according to Financial Accounting (FI) defines that the business area is an organizational unit within financial accounting which represents a separate area of operations or responsibilities within an organization. Financial accounting transactions can be allocated to a specific business area.
The Enterprise organization chart shows the organizational structure of an enterprise, its organization units and how they are related. A combined structure can be created from the point of view of accounting, MM, SD. This structure forms a framework in which all business transactions can be processed.
SAP’s Sales and Distribution module is quite comprehensive and contains various features for analysis. One such feature within SAP SD is the creation of Customer Groups. Simply speaking, customer groups are part of the customer master data in SAP IMG. Customers are assigned to a particular customer group by assigning a two digit alphanumeric key. Such customer group key needs to be assigned to each and every customer master records. The main benefit of customer groups is that it can be used in generating statistics and creating condition records such as records for pricing.
11. What are the responsibilities of “CORE TEAM” and “FUNCTIONAL TEAM” in an implementation?
Core Team are the power users who are selected for the SAP implementation. The Functional Team gather the initial implementation requirement from these core team users who will be the bridge between the SAP Functional Team and their department users with the expert work knowledge
In SAP, there are many kinds of stock types:
- Valuated Stocks are the stocks which belongs to your company. There are three types of valuated stocks
- Unrestricted Stock is the physical stock that is always available at a plant/storage location
- Quality Inspection Stock is not counted for unrestricted use and may be made available for MRP.
- Non Valuated stock is the stock which you will keep in your premised and this is not valuated in your company
- The GR-blocked stock denotes all the stock accepted ‘conditionally’ from the vendors. This stock is not considered available for ‘unrestricted use.’
- Special stock is the stock managed separately that does not belong to company or that are stored at particular location.
We will combine multiple deliveries into one invoice, when the bill to party , payment terms and billing date is same. And also when billing date, that means billing is done only once in a month for that particular customer, then you combine all deliveries of that month create invoice
- ALTERNATE CALCULATION TYPE : This function allows you use a formula as an alternative in finding the value of the condition type, instead of standard condition technique. this can be used to calculate complex tax structures.
- ALTERNATE CONDITION BASE VALUE : The alternative condition base value is a formula assigned to a condition type in order to promote an alternative base value for the calculation of a value.
After saving invoice 5 documents are generated:
- 1. Revenue Account
- 2. Customer Receivables Account
- 3. profit center Account.
- 4. Special Purchase Ledger Account
- 5. Profit Analysis Account.