Material Management (MM)
Price determination process:
- Create a Price schema
- Add a condition type if required
- Assign Access sequence to the condition type.
- Create a condition table and specify fields required.
- Create a cond. rec. The price schema for the particular condition type. This pricing will trigger the Price determination process. Basically the access sequence assigned to the condition type will search the condition table to find the particular cond. rec. and determine the price.
- Vendor evolution
- Invoice verification, etc.
3. Explain what are the steps in the SD process at least up to the invoicing stage ?
1) pre-sales activity -inquiry, quotation
3) inventory sourcing,
4. What is the work you have done in the MM module and what programs did you use for creating views in MM?
1.Stock overview for a period can be done by Tcode-MB5B -further giving details like storage location, Plant, Material code, Date..
2.Stock as on date can be viewed by using Tcode-MMBE-further giving details like storage location, Plant, Material code.mail
Go at the item level and select TAB PREDECESSOR DATA tab and you can see the reference order number.
6.What is the work relation between SAP-MM, SD and FI/CO modules?
SAP is the integration of all the modules and the topics are very relevant to each other because basically its management skillset group. From manufacturing the product/goods/services to reaching the customer. All the transaction process is depending on sales area, sales doc, item proposals, shipping, delivery and billing.
- Purchase requisition
- Purchase order
- Master data (Info record, Source list, Conditions, Vendors etc.)
- Outline agreements.
9. What is meant by access sequence? When it is used?
Condition type has an access sequence assigned to it which determines which tables to access for data and in what sequence. This has a sequence of table based on the most specific to most generic. It can be used for any new condition type creation.
- Consignment stock – vendor
- Components provided to vendor
- Project stock
- Consignment stock – customer
- Pipeline material
- Orders on hand
11. What is meant by consignment stock?
Consignment stock is the material which is lying in the premises but is not owned by the company. It has no value assigned to it until it is taken into own stock. Once it is used in production or to be sold, it is taken into own stock.
12. What is subcontracting cycle ?
When the material is sent for subcontracting i.e. some value addition, it is converted into a different material. It needs a BOM to define the components of the finished item being received.
13. What are the various movement types and usage ?
101 – GR in unrest. use
103 – GR in Blocked stock
105 – Release from Block to Unrest. use stock.
122 – Return to vendor from unrest. use stock.
124 – Return to vendor from blocked stock
301 – Plant to Plant tfr.
309 – Material to Material tfr.
311 – Tfr. from stg loc to stg loc
261 – Issue for consumption.
411 – Taking consignment stock into own stock.
551 – Withdrawal for scrapping etc.
14. What is the difference between a contract and a scheduling agreement?
A scheduling agreement can be made for Consignment, Subcontracting and stock transfer. A contract, also known as a blanket PO, can be made for standard items and can be restricted to a Value or QTY.
- 1. Create consignment info record with proper tax code.
- 2. Create Po with item category K
- 3. Maintain output condition record for KONS,
- 4. Process GR, no invoice verification done, but settlement is done through MRKO transaction.
16. How to create PR or PO by MRP?
The PR is created according to the safety stock mentioned for the material or can be triggered from a requirement . For creating a PO, you need to have the scheduling agreement in place .After the MRP is run the schedule lines are generated which are nothing but the PO.
17. What is the use of configurable material?
Configurable material is useful if you have a large number of combination of parts that go into a product. It means different permutations and combinations of the parts for same material. If you maintain a unique material code for each combination , you require a large number of material numbers. KMAT may be used in such a case where you maintain just one generic product code. A super BOM is maintained for such a material consisting of all possible alternatives. A routing is also maintained consisting of all possible operations that could be used. Typically configurable material is used in Made To Order (MTO) environment. However frequently ordered configurations may be planned with a material variant which needs to have a material master record. Thus Material variants may have stock and value.