As a result of the high number of customers and invoices, waste disposal companies must create a large number of payment demands. To prevent you from having to enter this mass data in general ledger accounting, sub-ledger accounting has been integrated into Waste Management: Accounts receivable and payable. Contract accounts receivable and payable is specially designed to process mass data. At certain intervals, the system transfers the cumulated individual bookings to the general ledger in Financial Accounting (FI). You can also transfer sales or service invoices from the Sales and Distribution (SD) component to contract accounts receivable and payable. The goal of contract accounts receivable and payable is to automate all processes. Manual intervention is only necessary if an agent’s decision is required.
Use this component to:
- Create, change and display
- Plan (resource planning and route allocation)
As an alternative to an integrated solution, you can use generic interfaces to connect external, complementary products to SAP Waste and Recycling. Interfaces exist for the following systems:
- Route planning system
- Weighing data system
- Board computer
- Before SAP IS-U 4.63, data was exchanged using IDE events. This means that during certain processes in IS-U, the IDE events are triggered and the data exchange is processed depending on the IDE communication control. Example: Consumption Billing
Executing consumption billing in IS-U triggers an IDE event that enables the consumption values to be sent. Depending on the IDE communication control, the point of delivery consumption determined in billing can be sent to the customer’s supplier.
- As of IS-U 4.64, you should always process data exchange using data exchange processes. Data Exchange Processes (based on the implemented data exchange basic processes) enable a more differentiated specification, control, and monitoring of data exchange.
The IDE events are integrated in the infrastructure of the data exchange processes. Data exchange basic processes exist for most IDE events.
The postal regional structure enables you to do the following:
- Manage postal codes, cities and streets.
- Check the accuracy of postal codes, cities and streets.
- Simplify the process of entering postal codes, cities and streets.
- When you create objects that refer directly or indirectly to an address, some fields may already contain
The parameter record contains control data for budget billing. You use this control data to generate due dates for the budget billing amounts when you create the portion schedule records.
- You need a parameter record to create a portion.
- Enter the parameter record in the portion. Select the Where Used List in the display or change mode to display all portions that use a particular parameter record.
- You only create the parameter record in order to generate the due dates for the budget billing amounts.
The following functions are possible:
- Create parameter record
- Change parameter record
- Delete parameter records
- Can only delete a parameter record if it is not used in a portion.
In IS-U you can now archive billing documents, print documents and budget billing plans.
This means you can ease the load on your database at any time by archiving the correspondence you no longer need online. The documents are deleted from the database and written to the archive files.
To display archived documents at any time using the appropriate standard IS-U transaction , always restore archives.
Energy Data Management is a solution that fulfills requirements by offering interval reading, settlement of energy quantities, scheduling, and billing of interval energy consumption.
The Energy Data Management (SAP IS-U-EDM) component is fully integrated into the SAP IS-U system and can be installed in an existing SAP IS-U system as a new component. SAP IS-U-EDM is also integrated into Intercompany Data Exchange (SAP IS-U-IDE). This component allows for data exchange in standardized formats and enables the integration of cross-company business processes. SAP IS-U-EDM allows you to bill profiles in SAP IS-U. Profiles are prepared in SAP IS-U-EDM and transferred to SAP IS-U billing via an internal interface. This allows you to bill new types of contracts, such as spot purchases.
SAP IS-U-EDM also interfaces with automated meter reading systems.