Core Java and Advanced Java Syllabus
• Programming language Types and Paradigms,
• Computer Programming Hierarchy,
• How Computer Architecture Affects a Language
• Flavors of Java, Java Designing Goal, Role of Java Programmer in Industry, Features of Java Language, JVM
The Java Environment
• Installing Java
• Java Program Development
• Java Source File Structure, Compilation, Executions.
Basic Language Elements
• Lexical Tokens, Identifiers, Keywords, Literals, Comments, Primitive Datatypes, Operators Assignments.
Object Oriented Programming
• Class Fundamentals
• Object & Object reference
• Object Life time & Garbage Collection, Creating and Operating Objects
• Constructor & initialization code block, Access Control, Modifiers, methods Nested , Inner Class & Anonymous Classes, Abstract Class & Interfaces Defining Methods, Argument Passing Mechanism Method Overloading, Recursion, Dealing with Static Members, Finalize() Method, Native Method.
• Use of “this “ reference, Use of Modifiers with Classes & Methods, Design of Accessors and Mutator Methods Cloning Objects, shallow and deep cloning, Generic Class Types.
Extending Classes and Inheritance
• Use and Benefits of Inheritance in OOP
• Types of Inheritance in Java, Inheriting Data members and Methods
• Role of Constructors in inheritance, Overriding Super Class Methods
• Use of “super”, Polymorphism in inheritance
• Type Compatibility and Conversion Implementing interfaces.
• Organizing Classes and Interfaces in Packages
• Package as Access Protection
• Defining Package, CLASSPATH Setting for Packages
• Making JAR Files for Library Packages Import
• The Idea behind Exception, Exceptions & Error , Types of Exception , Control Flow In Exceptions
• JVM reaction to Exceptions, Use of try, catch, finally, throw, throws in Exception Handling
• In-built and User Defined Exceptions, Checked and Un-Checked Exceptions.
Array & String
• Defining an Array, Initializing & Accessing Array
• Multi –Dimensional Array
• Operation on String, Mutable & Immutable String, Using Collection Bases Loop for String
• Tokenizing a String, Creating Strings using StringBuffer
• Understanding Threads , Needs of Multi-Threaded Programming ,Thread Life-Cycle, Thread Priorities ,Synchronizing Threads, Inter Communication of Threads ,Critical Factor in Thread –Dead-Lock
A Collection of Useful Classes
• Utility Methods for Arrays ,Observable and Observer Objects , Date & Times
• Using Scanner Regular Expression,
• Input/Output Operation in Java(java.io Package), Streams and the new I/O Capabilities ,
• Understanding Streams,
• The Classes for Input and Output,
• The Standard Streams, Working with File Object, File I/O Basics, Reading and Writing to Files, Buffer and Buffer Management, Read/Write Operations with File Channel, Serializing Objects
• Designing Graphical User Interfaces in Java,
• Components and Containers,
• Basics of Components, Using Containers,
• Layout Managers, AWT Components,
• Adding a Menu to Window,
• Extending GUI Features Using Swing Components, Java Utilities (java.util Package)
• The Collection Framework : Collections of Objects , Collection Types, Sets , Sequence, Map, Understanding Hashing, Use of Array List & Vector.
• Event-Driven Programming in Java,
• Event- Handling Process,
• Event Handling Mechanism,
• The Delegation Model of Event Handling, Event Classes, Event Sources, Event Listeners, Adapter Classes as Helper Classes in Event Handling.
Database Programming using JDBC
• Introduction to JDBC, JDBC Drivers & Architecture, CURD operation Using JDBC, Connecting to non-conventional Databases.
Java Server Technologies Servlet
• Web Application Basics,
• Architecture and challenges of Web Application
• Introduction to servlet, Servlet life cycle
• Developing and Deploying Servlets
• Exploring Deployment, Descriptor (web.xml), Handling Request and Response