Maintain Your Credential of CDU’s
CBAP/ CCBA EXAM CDU
CBAP or CCBA certification is a important achievement. Every three years, you must earn 60 CDUs (Continuing Development Units) to keep your certification active. And, as you might expect, the IIBA has another difficult function for you to complete. Just when you thought the CBAP and CCBA applications were behind you!
Here are some basic facts about re-certification:
• Your CBAP or CCBA status must be renewed every 3 years from the anniversary date of earning your initial credential.
• You need 60 CDUs every three years to re-certify. There are limits to the numbers of CDUs per category, so you must have CDUs from at least two categories.
• IIBA will notify you by email approximately 3 months in advance of your anniversary. You can download the necessary handbook, application, and reporting form.
Here are the steps to follow for re-certification, along with a little advice:
1. Document your BA experience, professional activities and training, and any volunteer work. It will be easy if you were diligent about recording your CDUs as you earn them, which is what we suggest.
2. Get the CBAP or CCBA Re-Certification Handbook, Re-certification Application Form, and CDU Reporting Form off the IIBA web site, iiba.org. The handbook lists examples of and the maximum CDUs you can claim in a 3-year period for each of the following six categories :
Category CDU Activity / Max per 3 Year Cycle
• Formal Academic Education / 30 CDUs
• Professional Development / 30 CDUs
• Professional Activities / 30 CDUs
• Self Directed Learning / 15 CDUs
• Volunteer Service / 30 CDUs
• Professional Experience / 25 CDUs
3. Complete the applicable CDU Reporting Form (most time-consuming). The IIBA will carefully review each item you submit, so be detailed and thorough. Make sure you assemble any corresponding documentation, such as class certificates to support your application.
4. Complete and sign the Application Form. The form is self-explanatory so no advice needed here. Include a check for the fee (as of this writing the fees were: $85.00 USD (IIBA-members) or $120.00 USD for non-members).
5. Mail the forms along with your fee. IIBA says your CBAP or CCBA status will lapse if they don’t receive your re-certification forms.
For More Info Visit: